Sunday, November 13, 2005

20 random rants

Zarine has nothing better to do in life :p so she has tagged me. Since I have nothing better to do in life either, I pick up the tag to write 20 random things about me :D

1- Music is the epicentre of my existence. I wish I had more time and money to invest in all the music I haven't heard.

2- Although I have been born and brought up in big cities, my sensibilities and beliefs are more small-town and semi-urban than cosmopolitan. I identify more with Bhopal or Dehradun than Delhi and Mumbai.

3- I love running and do it every morning. 2-3 days without it and I feel dizzy.

4- I don't like people or being too close to them much, but over the years I have worked hard towards becoming less shy and maybe developing an exterior that helps me get along with people.

5- I am a stickler for privacy and don't like it when people pry too much.

6- My best friendships have been with the unlikeliest of people. They have never said in as many words nor have I ever said to them that they and I were friends. I'd like to keep it that way.

7- I love riding in double-decker buses.

8- I enjoy having an orange bar especially when a little stub of it remains on the stick.

9- I can sleep standing on one leg for exactly two seconds. On both legs, it's 8 hours :D.

10- I like passionate people and doers not talkers. There is no point living a life where you do not follow your dreams.

11- I lack the extreme pessimism that is said to be essential to a journalist. It makes me a complete misfit in the profession and I have begun to hate it. Still, it has been working well for me and I don't know why it is so.

12- I hate Maggi noodles and its mere smell makes me uneasy.

13- I love jazz and would like to form my own jazz band someday.

14- My parents have never for once approved of my eccentric career choices yet they have stood by me all along.

15- I always believed that one could not make new friends after 21 but still made one of my closest ones at 24.

16- I have no time for people who lie because of personal insecurity and find it surprisingly easy to move on without getting affected by them.

17- I think cricket is overrated.

18- I think the idea that guys and girls can be just good friends is a load of BS.

19- I love Delhi for its trees, wide roads and eating places, Mumbai for its workaholic pace and Bhopal for its innocence. Also, I refuse to believe that there can be a city filthier than Mumbai.

20- Finding 20 things to write about me was easier than I thought :D

I tag... everybody in blogdom! In particular, I tag:

Rajat
Neeta (more so because she hates being tagged :D)
Bharathi
Siddharth
Aastha

Good Luck! :)

5 comments:

Lady Z said...

That was some list man!! I did at times figure out tht u were a very private person...now I know for sure :)

N said...

Picked up the tag, sir. Though only coz it was you who requested. And said "Pleeease" so adorably :D

From next time on, I'll eat the orange bar, and give you the stub :P. And btw, #18 surprises me!

NoviceProgrammer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
NoviceProgrammer said...

I dont know what happened there...

3,7,8,9,12 are a revelation!
17 and 18 I have known for a while...remember the discussion at "Bedni Bugiyal"?

Bhars said...

Me breaks the Tagging ring... :D Not that I have better things to do in life ;)